- IS THE VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD A CREDIT CARD?
- WHERE CAN I USE MY VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD?
- WILL I RECEIVE A PERSONALIZED CARD?
- HOW DO I GET A COMPANION CARD?
- DOES THE VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD HAVE FEES?
- IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MUCH VALUE MY VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD CAN HAVE?
- CAN I HAVE MY PAYROLL DIRECT DEPOSITED ONTO MY VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD?
- ARE THERE ANY TRANSACTION AND RELOAD LIMITS?
- DOES THE VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD HOLDER NEED TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT?
- HOW DO I OBTAIN AND/OR CHANGE MY PIN?
- CAN MY VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD BE RELOADED?
- HOW CAN I CHECK THE BALANCE OF MY VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD?
- HOW ARE DISPUTES HANDLED?
- DO I SELECT DEBIT OR CREDIT AT THE POINT OF SALE?
- HOW ARE RETURNS HANDLED?
- CAN I GET CASH BACK AT A MERCHANT?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF MY CARD IS LOST OR STOLEN?
- CAN THE VISA PREPAID DEBIT CARD HAVE A NEGATIVE BALANCE?
- WHAT HAPPENS IF MY PURCHASE IS DENIED?
- HOW DO I FIND AN ATM?
- No. The Visa Prepaid Debit Card is a prepaid reloadable card that carries a cash amount determined by the cardholder up to the maximum allowed card balance. Each time the card is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance. [back to top]
- It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa Debit is accepted and to obtain $300 cash per day at any Visa or PLUS ATM worldwide. The Card(s) can not be used for any type of cash advances. [back to top]
- Yes, a personalized card will be mailed to you at the address you provided when you purchased your card. Once you activate your personalized card, your funds will be transferred to the personalized card and your instant issue cards will be closed. [back to top]
- Once you have received and activated your personalized card you may use that card number to order a companion card at www.hcprepaiddebit.com. Limit 2. [back to top]
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions. [back to top]
Yes, the Visa Prepaid Debit Card has a maximum value limit of $5,000.
[back to top]
- Purchase transactions are unlimited, up to the balance remaining on your card. However, for the protection of our cardholders, there may be limits to the number of reloads and ATM withdrawals performed within a certain time period. Please call 866-466-8084 to learn more. [back to top]
- Each card is distributed with a Cardholder Agreement & Disclosure. This agreement fully explains the terms and conditions regarding the use of the card. This agreement can also be viewed online. The cardholder accepts the terms and conditions by activating the card, signing the back of the card or using the card. [back to top]
- You can retrieve and/or change your PIN by calling the number listed on the back of your card. You may also change your PIN by going to www.hcprepaiddebit.com. [back to top]
- Yes, you may reload your Visa Prepaid Debit card at a participating financial institution, by direct deposit or at any merchant that displays the Visa Ready Link logo. For a listing of Ready Link merchants please go to www.hcprepaiddebit.com. [back to top]
- You should select credit. [back to top]
- Each merchant location has its own return policies and will handle the returns in the same manner as any other Visa debit purchase. [back to top]
- Yes, subject to the rules of each individual merchant. [back to top]
- Recipient should immediately report any problems or a lost or stolen card by calling 1-866-466-8084. A replacement card will be issued and any available balance will be transferred to the new card, less the $5.00 lost/stolen fee that will be deducted from the card’s available balance (a new card issuance fee may also apply). As long as the lost or stolen card is reported immediately, the cardholder is not responsible for any unauthorized merchant charges. [back to top]
Any authorization request that is greater than the card’s available balance will be declined. However, there can be times when a Visa merchant puts an item through without prior authorization. If an overdraft occurs, the card recipient will be required to make a payment to cardholder services to cover the negative amount. [back to top]
Payments should be sent to:
Cardholder Services • P.O. Box 7235,Sioux Falls, SD 57117-7235
- In most cases your available balance is less than the purchase amount. You will want to tell the merchant the exact amount left on your card and use another form of payment to pay the difference (subject to the merchant’s policies). In rare cases, if an inactivity fee has been assessed and has brought your card to a $0 balance; your card will have automatically closed. Please visit www.hcprepaiddebit.com for balance information.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS WHEN USING THE CARD AT:
RESTAURANTS, BEAUTY SALONS, HOTELS, CAR RENTAL AGENCIES - It is customary for service-oriented or travel companies to require an available balance over the purchase amount (usually 25%) to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses.
GAS STATIONS - GAS STATIONS - Paying at the pump using this card requires at least a minimum balance of $75.00 (subject to change). However, only the actual amount spent will be deducted from the card. If your Prepaid Debit Card is less than $75.00, you can use the card inside the station as long as the purchase does not exceed the remaining balance.
ON-LINE MERCHANTS - This card may not be used at age restricted on-line merchant sites. [back to top]