For purposes of this Privacy Notice, "we" means First Gulf Bank, N.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of RBC Bank (USA). This Privacy Notice covers the personal information of individuals who are current and former First Gulf Bank, N.A. customers. This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with a full understanding of the information we collect about you and our guidelines for safeguarding and sharing that information with others.
Confidentiality and Security
We consider the information we have about you to be confidential, including the fact that you are a First Gulf Bank, N.A. customer. Your information will be handled in the manner described in this notice. We restrict access to information about you to those employees and authorized agents who need to know that information. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
Information We Collect
At First Gulf Bank, N.A., we collect the following types of information about you:
- Information you provide on new account forms, applications, or agreements you enter into in order to receive our products or services, including your name, address and social security number
- Information about your transactions with us (such as date of purchase and amount and place of purchase)
Third Parties To Whom We Disclose Information
We share or disclose information we collect about our current or former clients with third parties only as permitted by law. Some examples of legally permitted sharing or disclosures to third parties include:
- Sharing of information to properly manage our business. This includes sharing information to service your accounts, to comply with laws, and for other routine business practices. For example, we may share information with third parties to process your transactions, to comply with court orders, or for tax reporting.
- To companies who perform marketing or research services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These include companies performing marketing services on our behalf, such as mailing materials advertising our products or services, performing research, or assisting us with evaluating our client service quality. Joint marketing arrangements include agreements where another financial institution offers a product or service jointly with a member of the RBC family of companies, such as Visa**. These companies must limit their use of the information to the purpose for which it was provided.
- To other parties as authorized by you. You may direct us, for example, to send your account statements and confirmations to third parties.
** RBC Bank (USA) is licensee of the trademark